Saturday, September 24, 2011

Berry Biltz Mini Muffins


Berry Blitz Mini Muffins!



 This morning (11:30 am haha) I decided I wanted to make a big breakfast. My boyfriend had already asked if we could have Breakfast Burritos but I wanted a little more. I rummaged through all the cupboards looking for muffin mix but we didn't have any. Then I remembered I am a baker now! ;)



 I decided that I wanted mini muffins with berries so once again I asked the internet for help. I found lots of similar recipes but I wanted something MORE! So I used one recipe as a foundation but I added my own twist, and I named it Berry Blitz.

 

Muffin Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons light brown sugar (sifted)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups frozen mixed berries (my mix had raspberries, blueberries, and marrionberries)

Crumble Topping:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons light brown sugar (sifted)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Makes 24 mini cupcakes.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, sifted brown sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg, vanilla, and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in berries. DO NOT thaw the berries! Fill muffin cups right to the top, and cover with crumb topping mixture.
  3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon and sift brown sugar in. Mix with fork, and cover with it muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. 

My Dad, Mom, and boyfriend all LOVED the muffins. They were the star of breakfast. And of course I love them too!


I would absolutely make this again... and again and again! 
They were a hit and are delicious hot, warm or cool!

2 comments:

  1. Your on a roll this week! :) These look delicious. I love muffins with crumb topping. So cute in the mini's. I think I need to go buy some frozen berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am huh? Surprising! I have had lots of baked cravings this week I guess ahah. You should!

    ReplyDelete